Workshop #1 (Virtual): April 26, 2022
6:30 am – 9:30 am PDT | 7:30 am – 10:30 am MDT | 9:30 am – 12:30 pm EDT | 2:30 pm – 5:30 pm BST & IST | 3:30 pm – 6:30 pm CEST | 4:30 pm – 7:30 pm IDT & EEST
Goals: Set expectations and goals, clarify scope and focus, brainstorm ideas for research.
- Survey results
- RCN-DEE evaluation process
- Background reading: Nathaniel C Horner et al 2016 Environ. Res. Lett. 11 103001 (Open access publication)
- Brief video introduction by Juliet Schor
- Brief video introduction by Grischa Beier
- Video introductions from Workshop #1 (April 26, 2022)
- Presentation slidedeck
- Meeting summary (April 26, 2022)
Workshop #2 (Virtual): June 23, 2022
Goals: Discuss goals, identify possible research priorities, identify emerging topics and leads.
- Meeting summary (June 23, 2022)
- Alfred P. Sloan Foundation presentation (video)
- Internet Society Foundation presentation (video)
- Additional member introductions (video)
- Member project presentations (video)
- Methodological challenges presentation (video)
Workshop #3 (Virtual): September 22, 2022
7:30-9:00 am PDT |10:30am-12:00pm EDT | 3:30-5:00 pm GMT | 4:30-6:00 pm CET
- Meeting Summary (September 22nd, 2022)
- How Green is the Digital Sharing Economy - Tamar Makov (slides)
- Standardization and Research: Oil and Water - Pernilla Bergmark (slides)
- Behavior Change and Sustainability- Rebecca Reczek (slides)
- Electrified Transportation Service Networks- Anna Scaglione (slides)
Workshop #4 (Virtual): November 2 & 3, 2022
6:30-9:30 am PDT | 9:30am-12:30pm EDT | 1:30-4:30 pm GMT | 2:30-5:30 pm CET
Goals: Share proposals on research topics, methodologies, and drafts of white papers.
- Research implications of Digital Reset - Steffen Lange (paper)
- Research implications of upcoming OECD report - Johannes Kirnberger and Celine Caira (paper)
- The research landscape of ICT for sustainability- Aiste Rugeviciute (paper) (slides)
- Background paper: ICT, digitalisation and rebound effects - Ray Galvin (paper)
- Searching for leverage points in systems - Dave Rejeski (slides)
- Panel discussion on system leverage points - George Kamiya (slides)
Workshop #5 (Virtual): March 2023
Goals: Report on progress and continue to refine research topics and grant opportunities.
Workshop #6 (Virtual): June 2023
Goals: Continue to share proposals on research topics, methodologies, etc., and explore how to strengthen the network in the future.
Workshop #7 (Virtual): September 2023
Goals: Discussion of follow-ups, evaluation of process, possible next steps.